After hearing many good things about TooFaced eyeshadow palettes and seeing pictures of their cute packaging all over the internet I finally went ahead and tried my very first TooFaced palette.
I spotted their Christmas exclusive palette at Sephora and was sorely tempted – the great thing is that it not only contains a varied range of eye shadows but also miniature versions of some of TooFaced’ classics: the iconic Better Than Sex Mascara, Melted Chocolate liquid lipstick and a tube of 24H Shadow Insurance.
For anyone with a major chocolate craving, TooFaced offers a whole range of chocolate themed products from the iconic chocolate bar eye shadow collection to melted chocolate liquid lipstick. These products are also lightly chocolate-scented.
The palette comprises a selection of both matte and shimmering colours – and take note of the cute, patisserie-themed names.
- Indulge – silvered taupe
- Cookie Dough – matte beige/gold sparkle
- Raspberry Rose – matte light pink
- Sugared Raisin – shimmering silvered mauve
- Guilt-Free – matte soft lavender
- Tootsie – matte rich chocolate brown
- Gingerdoodle – champagne with shimmer
- Chocaholic – matte sand
- Cake Batter – matte soft peach
- Butterscotch – metallic copper
- Toffee Crunch – matte reddish brown
- Lava Cake – dark cocoa brown with gold sparkle Fav!
- Honey Dip – shimmering gold
- Pound Cake – shimmering pinked gold
- Sugar Bells – metallic silver
- Mint Chip – metallic sea blue
- Jingle Berry – vibrant orchid
- Huckleberry – deep purple black with pink glitter Fav!
- Dessert’s On Me – shimmering icy white
- Glaze – matte white cream
- Banana Date – satin soft beige
- Luminizer in Inner Light – pale peach pink with gold shimmer
- Chocolate Soleil Bronzer – matte light chocolate brown
- Blush in Chocolate Covered Strawberry – rose pink
You get a total of 21 colours.
18 of which are 0.03 oz in size and 3 are slightly bigger with 0.07 oz. On the right side, you get a highlighter, bronzer and blush which are 0.08 oz each.
I have swatched the shimmering and matte nudes for you here. Of these, I particularly like Banana Date and Glaze which are perfect basic neutral shades. I also love that they come in a slightly bigger pan as neutral colours always tend to be the first empties in a palette. My two favourite shades are actually the darker ones that have coloured sparkle in them: Huckleberry has hot pink sparkle and Lava Cake copper-coloured sparkle (unfortunately, even though I tried my best, I couldn’t capture this on camera but they actually look quite stunning in real life if you like glitter).
Luminizer, Bronzer and Blush
To be honest – overall, I’m quite in love with this palette. I had never tried TooFaced before so all these shades were new to me . Also, I’m quite a fan of subtle shimmer in an eye shadow so I will actually use many of these shades in my everyday makeup. I also think you get a great selection of different products for the price so it was well worth it – especially when you have never tried anything from this brand. The Better Than Sex mascara is actually quite nice as well and I’m using it at the moment.
Of course, the packaging with all its pink and gold is pretty much a girly girl’s dream come true – I love the little details such as this cute doggie and birdie cutout.
You can also take the actual palette out of the box to carry with you on its own. And you gotta love the diorama presentation of the miniatures!
The formula suffers some inconsistencies with several shades having a spectacular colour pay-off while others are just meh and have a bit of fall-out. Considering the amount of colours you get, I have to say, that this doesn’t bother me too much though.
The scent is noticeable but neither here nor there – bear in mind I’m usually not a fan of scented products though. This palette is supposed to smell of chocolate but to me it’s more of a milky sweet smell with maybe a hint of chocolate – like a very light chocolate milkshake. I have to admit I don’t need the scent but it’s not unpleasant either.
Would recommend for:
People who don’t have a lot of TooFaced eye shadows already
People who go in for cute packaging
Makeup starters (as you get a lot of different things here)